SDI Advanced Scuba Diver Development
The SDI Advanced Scuba Diver Development Program was created to make truly “Advanced Divers.” During the course your Instructor will take you through four complete SDI or TDI, specialty courses (for example; Deep, Navigation, Photo, Video, Intro to Tech, etc.) covering all the skills and subjects, so that by the end you will feel comfortable to conduct dives of a similar nature.Once you have logged your 25th dive (these can include the training dives), visit Motor City Scuba with your logbook and you will be awarded the SDI Advanced Scuba Diver certification. There is no charge for this recognition.
By earning the SDI Advanced Scuba Diver certification you will have increased abilities and comfort in the water and be ready for the next step, SDI Rescue Diver.
Who can earn this rating?
- Any certified open water scuba diver who wishes to expand their diving knowledge and skill set
- Any certified open water scuba diver who would like to advance their dive training
- Any SDI Advanced Adventure diver or equivalent who would like to receive more experience in the specialties they participated in during their SDI Advanced Adventure diver program
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent (Note: Junior divers (10-15) can only take specialties approved for their age)
SDI Advanced Diver Requirements:
- Complete four SDI or TDI Specialty Diver courses or equivalent
- Proof of 25 logged dives
- Requirements for the SDI Junior Advanced Diver include the above requirements, provided the four specialty courses they have taken are allowed by their age
Worksheet and Application