Learn more about our underwater world through Motor City Scuba!
Now that you have become a certified diver, there is so much more to explore underwater. By enrolling in any of the environmental specialties, you will learn how to further you skills in areas like underwater photography or videography, learning more about marine ecosystems and research diving and even learn more about shipwrecks in our own backyard of the Great Lakes through the Heritage Awareness course.
SDI Environmental Specialty Courses available to Open Water Divers:
- SDI Heritage Awareness Diver
- SDI Marine Ecosystem Awareness Diver
- SDI Research Diver
- SDI Underwater Video Diver
- SDI Underwater Photographer Diver
- SDI Open Water Scuba Diver, SDI Junior Open Water Diver, or equivalent
- Minimum age 18, 10 with parental consent (12 with parental consent for SDI Heritage Awareness Diver and 15 with parental consent for SDI Research Diver)