SDI Heritage Awareness Diver
Who this course is for:
Individuals who wish to familiarize themselves with the theory, skills, knowledge, planning, organization, procedures, hazards, importance, benefits, and enjoyment of diving on submerged cultural resources.
- Develop the knowledge of the importance of conserving submerged cultural resources
- Be able to understand and apply the rule; take only pictures, leave only bubbles
- No minimum age requirement or experience is required for this non-diving course.
- 12, if taught in conjunction with diving
What you can expect to learn:
The SDI Heritage Awareness Diver course takes an in-depth look at all of the following and more:
- What is a submerged cultural resource?
- Why is the protection of a submerged cultural resource important?
- What are the problems affection submerged cultural resources?
- What is the impact of disturbing a submerged cultural resource?
- What is the legal protection for shipwrecks?
- How can divers help protect and and conserve submerged cultural resources?