Are you an experienced dive instructor and passionate technical diver, and do you want to join the ranks of some the top technical diving instructors in the world? Get started with a TDI Instructor Course. Starting at the entry levels, you will learn the fundamentals skills, requirements and be evaluated on proper techniques for conducting technical diver courses. As you gain teaching and diving experience, you will qualify to enter higher level instructor programs.
Who this course is for:
- The experienced active dive instructor and technical diver who is looking to share their passion for technical diving with others
- Minimum age 18
- Certified diver for the program they wish to teach
- Provide proof of 100 logged dives completed in a number of different environments with varying depths
- Provide proof of a minimum number of dives or hours underwater depending on the specific course
- Certified as an SDI Instructor or the equivalent
- Hold a current CPR and first aid certification (i.e. current and valid CPROX1st certification)
- Current medical examination signed by a licensed physician for diving
- Possess the minimum instructional equipment as defined in the
*NOTE: This is a very generic outline of TDI Instructor program prerequisites. As there are many different TDI Programs, the prerequisites will vary
Required Skill Performance and Graduation Requirements
The instructor candidate will be evaluated on their knowledge and ability to teach each required subjects and diving skills for the specific course. Specific requirements vary based on the level of instructor course.
What’s in it for you?
- Upon successful completion of this course, graduates may conduct diver level courses at the level for which they have been evaluated
TDI Instructor minimum requirements:
- Satisfactorily complete the appropriate written exam with a minimum score of 80 percent, without reference and be able to adequately explain each answer to a prospective student
- Demonstrate mature, sound judgment concerning training, dive planning and execution
- Complete all in-water requirements safely and efficiently
- Demonstrate proficiency in teaching the specific diver program
- Present the required number of graded academic presentations